Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Riding to the 'mountain of the Lord'

I just got done with a 25 mile ride to the Draper Temple and back from my house. I had no idea that it would be such a LONG and STEEP hill to go the final mile to the temple. I did have to stop about have way up the hill to catch my breath, but I made it! Woot woot! Along the way, I drew several analogies to the gospel, formulated about 10 church talks with this new material, and pondered why the Lord couldn't have required the temples to be in the VALLEY of the Lord, not the MOUNTAIN of the Lord.

Regardless, about 2.5 hours later, I dragged my chaffed hind end into my house and collapsed. Jenn rewarded me with a healthy dinner!

If you're interested, here's the route BACK that I took. Even more so, I now am proud to report that cycling has completely replaced golf for me. I haven't been to a course in about two years. (All Stangers, may now roll over in their figurative graves).

No comments:

Post a Comment